If you are planning to sell or renew your vehicle’s registration in Dubai, you need to undergo annual tests for your vehicle. There are various vehicle inspection centres in Dubai that help you get these tests done and determine their safety on the road.
The vehicle inspection centre in Dubai follows a step-by-step procedure:
1. Before bringing your vehicle for testing, you need to pay up all your outstanding traffic fines. Moreover, you must make sure that the vehicle is spotless and does not have any stickers or advertisements attached to it.
2. Provide valid documents at the counter when arriving at the test centre. Additionally, make sure that there are no valuables left in the vehicle before testing.
3. The vehicle undergoes inspection in testing rooms, with the inspection process displayed on the centre’s screen.
4. After the test, you receive information from Dubai RTA about whether your vehicle has passed or failed the test.
5. If your vehicle fails the test, you must address the issues as per the specified requirements of the inspection officer and get it tested again within 30 days.
The test remains valid for 30 days and after finishing it you must complete all the transactions during this validity period.
The following are some components that require mandatory inspection for vehicle tests in Dubai:
Assess the condition of tyres for tread wear, and defects like dry rot, bubbles, or damage. Moreover, check spare tyres for road readiness.
Thoroughly inspect the brake pads, excessively worn rotors and any brake fluid leaks. Moreover, emergency brakes are also examined.
Inspection of taillights, headlights, licence plate lights, turn signals, and brake lights to ensure proper functionality.
Evaluation of your vehicle's windshield for clear visibility and any cracks, chips, or loose seals.
Checking of windshield wipers to ensure they effectively maintain a clear windshield.
Examination of rear and side view mirrors to ensure that you are driving safely with 180 degrees of visibility.
Seat belts’ auto-lock and retract functions are verified for safety.
Checking of steering components to prevent potential steering failures.
Inspection of shock absorbers to ensure a smooth ride and road stability.
The following is a list of benefits you can enjoy by opting for your vehicle inspection service in Dubai:
Regular inspections by technicians can increase your car’s lifespan. Detecting and fixing minor issues promptly prevents major breakdowns, potentially extending your car’s service life for years.
Technicians not only assess safety features but also check emissions and fuel systems. Addressing faults or leaks in these systems can improve fuel efficiency, saving money and reducing emissions.
Addressing small problems beforehand prevents them from escalating into larger and more expensive issues over time. Regular maintenance of vehicles saves money by avoiding hefty repair bills.
Well-maintained safety equipment reduces risks on the road. This is especially important in extreme driving scenarios, ensuring safety for you, your passengers, and other road users.
With a well-maintained vehicle, you can navigate challenging road conditions with more confidence and attention.
Therefore, it is important to regularly inspect your vehicle as it offers the advantages, mentioned above, providing a safe driving experience. On Dubai Local, you get a curated list of various vehicle inspection centres in Dubai, ensuring a proper inspection of your vehicles.